HPCC: High Precision Congestion Control
HPCC, a new high-speed CC mechanism, achieves ultra-low latency, high bandwidth, and network stability simultaneously. HPCC leverages in-network telemetry (INT) to obtain precise link load information and controls traffic precisely. HPCC can quickly converge to utilize free bandwidth while avoiding congestion, and can maintain near-zero in-network queues for ultra-low latency.
HPCC has been deployed in Alibaba. It shortens the flow completion times by up to 95% compared to the previous generation CC (DCQCN) for datacenters.
[New] We have recently enhanced HPCC with PINT, a probalistic version of INT that reduces the INT overhead to ≤2 bytes without losing precision for HPCC.
- We post extensive results with both INT-based and PINT-based HPCC, along with the NS3 simulator.
- PINT is published in SIGCOMM’ 2020, which enhances HPCC by removing the INT overhead without losing HPCC’s precision.
- HPCC is widely reported by ≥20 media globally.
- HPCC is published in SIGCOMM’ 2019. Please watch our conference talk video.
- PINT: Probabilistic In-band Network Telemetry
Ran Ben Basat, Sivaramakrishnan Ramanathan, Yuliang Li, Gianni Antichi, Minlan Yu, Michael Mitzenmacher
ACM SIGCOMM, 2020
- HPCC: High Precision Congestion Control
Yuliang Li, Rui Miao, Hongqiang Liu, Yan Zhuang, Fei Feng, Lingbo Tang, Zheng Cao, Ming Zhang, Frank Kelly, Mohammad Alizadeh, Minlan Yu
ACM SIGCOMM, 2019
We post latest results with both INT-based and PINT-based HPCC. We evaluate HPCC comprehensively under different application workload (web search and hadoop) and different network load (30%, 50%, 70%).
HPCC is reported by ≥20 different media globally.
- UK: Intelligent Data Centres, Intelligent CIO, Data Economy
- Germany: it-daily.net
- France: Info HighTech, Channel Business Partners, Le Mag IT, IT Numeric, Global Security Mag, M2M Mag, Intrusio, Animasoft, ITR News, IT Channel, La Vie Numérique, ITR Innovation, ITR Manager, ITR Software, Tendances IT, ITR Mobiles, ITR Games, IPE Newsmag, Electronique-Newsmag, l’Entreprise connectée, Info DSI